Sunday, November 5, 2017

Day 5, #ridingeverydayinNovember

Today was another challenging day.  My crew duties finished up last night at 8:30 PM.  I had been awake for 28 hours, and was faced with a 1200 mile drive back home, and still needed to get a ride in every day, with a self imposed 5 mile minimum.  I managed to drive just over 5 hours before I just really needed to sleep. I pushed a bit harder so that I could get through  Los Angeles during the middle of the night, rather than during rush hour the next day.  I also wanted to get as near to Sacramento as I could so that I might be able to ride some miles on the American River bike path tomorrow.

After a well utilized 6 hour sleep, I was back on my way north.  I started out with just a short ride for breakfast before racking my bike for the trip.

It was 58F, with light clouds, a harbinger of what was waiting for me up the road.
I got to Sacramento mid afternoon.  I parked the car and got on the bike. I knew I didn't have time to ride the full 32 miles (and  32 back) so I decided to do a 20 mile out and back.

The temperature was in the low 60's and it was mostly sunny.  Not bad at all for November.  There were even a few folks soaking up the sun in secluded beaches along the river. I decided not to be the creepy guy with a camera!

I did stop for a few other photos though.




I made it back home just a few minutes before midnight.  A long day, but a fun one!


........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ...21.................0.................0...............0...............21
Jan.........304................15................0...............31..........350
Feb..........0..................0..................0...............0.............0
March.......18.................0.................0...............0............18
April.......113................0.................0...............0...........113
May.........155................0.................0...............0...........155
June..........10.................0.................0................0.............10
July..........79..................0.................0................0.............79
Aug..........76...................0.................0................0............76
Sept...........97..................0.................0................0............97
Oct..........36....................0................0................0.............36
Nov..........60....................0................0................0.............60
Total.......949...............15.................0...............31...........995

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.