Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Day 14, #ridingeverydayinNovember

It was windy today, but the predicted rain steered clear.  I hopped on the fixed gear bike and went for a random ride around the neighborhood. The first stop was at a fast food hamburger place for lunch. My fixie has a kick stand, but the wind blew the bike over twice while I was sitting there.  I finally just let it be.


The wind had dried all the leaves that had blown down in the wind and rain the last few days and were like ice.

                                              

While there are still a few leaves to come down, there are a lot of them down in the streets.


I rode through Graham Oaks Park.



 I stopped here, because sometimes you feel like a nut, and sometimes you don't.


I got back to the freeway, then decided to turn around and retrace my route.  It was just too nice a day to stop early.  This time I stopped when I was near the Willamette River to get this photo.


Earlier in today's ride I had a good view of Mt Hood, but didn't stop to take a photo.  A Puget Sound friend had mentioned that their "mountain was out". (Mt Rainier is often obscured by clouds, so when it is visible it is cause for celebration!) I rode to a few locations where I knew that Mt Hood would likely be putting on a good show with the fresh snow and bright sunshine.  Alas, the cloud cover had rolled in, and I missed the shot I was hoping for.  I did manage to spy these mushrooms.  Noteworthy because a friend in Keizer, Oregon has been posting her mushroom sightings.


Of equal importance is this photo of today's find.  The spouse of the Keizer friend is always proud of his tool finds along the road.  Here is my find for the day!


20 miles, 56 degrees, mushrooms, and a 7/16 combination wrench.  I'd call that a pretty successful day!

........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ...20.................0.................0...............0..............20
Jan.........304................15................0...............31..........350
Feb..........0..................0..................0...............0.............0
March.......18.................0.................0...............0............18
April.......113................0.................0...............0...........113
May.........155................0.................0...............0...........155
June..........10.................0.................0................0.............10
July..........79..................0.................0................0.............79
Aug..........76...................0.................0................0............76
Sept...........97..................0.................0................0............97
Oct..........36....................0................0................0.............36
Nov.........196....................0................0................0............196
Total......1090...............15.................0...............31..........1136

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.