Friday, November 10, 2017

Day 10, #ridingeverydayinNovember

It continues to rain.  Not the mid west kind of rain, the Oregon kind.  A heavy drizzle with occasional heavier showers.  I put on my rain gear, (shoe covers, rain pants, rain coat, water proof gloves, and helmet cover) and went out for a spin on the rain bike.


I was dressed adequately for the weather, and it wasn't all that bad.

I did have one interesting interaction.  I was making a left turn onto Wilsonville Rd and took the center of the left turn lane.  I rolled up to the red light and waited for it to turn green.  An old guy (older than me!) came up behind me and started honking his horn.  After 30 seconds of him honking and hollering, I turned around.  It seems that this guy had an issue with me being in HIS lane. I noted the Trump bumper sticker.  I just pointed at the red light and turned back forward.  When the light turned green I got on the pedals and sprinted across the street to the bike lane on the other side as I made the turn.  The guy in the green sedan fell in behind me, continuing to honk his horn. I was beginning to wonder where this was going to lead when after a half mile he pulled back into the lane and proceeded on.  If you are interested his license plate is Oregon UPC 671.

I continued on noting that most of the trees have dropped leaves now and crews are busy vacuuming them up.  For those not in a climate where wet leaves are an issue, wet leaves are as slick as ice. The bike lanes were covered with leaves. It is nice to see the city being proactive.



I pedaled through the Coffee Creek area as the rain was coming down a bit harder.


It was a good ride.  Being prepared can make all the difference. Now if I was just in good bike shape. How much is getting older, and how much is it that I just haven't been riding?  Time will tell.




........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ...15.................0.................0...............0..............15
Jan.........304................15................0...............31..........350
Feb..........0..................0..................0...............0.............0
March.......18.................0.................0...............0............18
April.......113................0.................0...............0...........113
May.........155................0.................0...............0...........155
June..........10.................0.................0................0.............10
July..........79..................0.................0................0.............79
Aug..........76...................0.................0................0............76
Sept...........97..................0.................0................0............97
Oct..........36....................0................0................0.............36
Nov.........114....................0................0................0............114
Total......1008...............15.................0...............31..........1054

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.