Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thankful for Day 24 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

Today is Thanksgiving and the 24th day of #ridingeverydayinNovember.  Among other things, I'm thankful for the ability to ride my bike.  While that sounds like a simple thing, I'm well aware that many my age are no longer able to do such a simple thing.

That being said, I took one look at this satellite image this morning and knew that with my limited time available to ride today...............


......that I was going to be riding in the rain.  I wasn't feeling so thankful for that!

I had skidded down Queen Ann on wet roads a couple of days ago, and not wanting to repeat that experience, I hauled the bike down to Fred Meyer and planned to ride from there.  I made a quick trip in and got a nice little box of donut holes. (a little go power!) As I was moving through the self checkout line, I saw fellow #ridingeverydayinNovember participant Mike Kelly.  We shared pleasantries and talked about the craziness of riding in the deluge.

While I was getting my bike off the rack and gearing up to ride, Mike rode off into the falling rain.
I soon pedaled off.  I rode out toward Golden Gardens.  It was raining, but I had a tailwind.  It could have been worse.


As I pedaled across a parking lot following taking the above photo a older couple in an SUV nearly hit me.  They were going way too fast in a parking lot, and were going to run a stop sign, until they saw me at the last moment, and skidded to a stop..........less than two feet from me.  No words were spoken, but they knew my thoughts on the situation.

I continued on to Golden Gardens.  I turned back around and pedaled back into the wind.


 I passed Fred Meyer (and my pickup) and decided to ride to Gasworks Park.
My rain gear was working well.  I was wearing short fingered gloves, but that wasn't a deal breaker.  When I got to Gasworks I looped back around and pedaled back to Fred Meyer. I racked the bike and had a few more of those donut holes!


 It was a surprisingly nice ride.  Good rain gear was key.

.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ........12................0..................0.......................0..........12
Jan...............0................0...................0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......277................0..................0........................0..........277
April......559................0..................0........................0..........559
May.........414...............0..................0.......................0...........414
June........337...............0..................0.......................0...........337
July........310...............0..................0.......................0...........310
August.......40.............0....................0......................0............40
Sept..........100..............0...................83......................0...........100
Oct.............29...............0....................0......................0............29
Nov............434..............0......................0......................0...........434
YTD...... 2601.............0...................83.......................0..........2734

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.