Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Day 1 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

Today was day 1 of #ridingeverydayinNovember, a challenge I first laid down 3 years ago.  As of tonight there are 75 people scattered around the world who've accepted the challenge. It will be challenging, and fun!

My ride today was in two parts.  I started off in Seattle this morning by loading my fixed gear bike up and driving to McMinnville, Oregon (210 miles) to join my mother and her brothers for a monthly lunch.  It rained for about the first 170 miles.  By the time I got to McMinnville it was mostly sunny and dry.  Score!  I had time to ride 2 miles before lunch.



Following lunch I drove back to Wilsonville, dropped my ballot off, then hopped on the fixie and went for a spin.

The sky was mostly blue, the roads were dry,  the temperature was warm (enough) but the wind was noticeable for this out of shape guy.  I rode with no destination in mind.

Along Boone's Ferry Rd, stopped to take a phone call
Riding through Xerox's corporate site
I rode across Coffee Creek and noticed this little guy.
A nutria enjoying the sunshine too


I rode a new to me trail though  Graham Oaks Park. It had a few sign boards informing us about the native American's use of the area.  Acorns were a valuable food source, and this sculpture tied right in with the history lesson.



The Missoula Floods scoured some of this area down to bed rock.

click on the photo to view full size and be able to read the print

It was an unexpectedly nice day.  With all the driving and family obligations I didn't get much time to ride. But I almost rode as many miles today as I rode all last month, so I'll call it a win!

.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ..........21................0..................0.......................0............21
Jan...............0................0...................0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......277................0..................0........................0..........277
April......559................0..................0........................0..........559
May.........414...............0..................0.......................0...........414
June........337...............0..................0.......................0...........337
July........310...............0..................0.......................0...........310
August.......40.............0....................0......................0............40
Sept..........100..............0...................83......................0...........100
Oct.............29...............0....................0......................0............29
Nov............21..............0......................0......................0............21
YTD...... 2248.............0...................83.......................0..........2321

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.