Friday, October 9, 2015

The dry before the wet?

It is predicted to be wet tomorrow.  I know of several bike groups that have cancelled their Saturday rides because of the predicted rain.  I decided that I should take advantage of today's dry pavement.

I took the fixed gear bike to SE Portland and started around the 40 Mile Loop. The sky looked threatening, and from time to time I'd get hit with a single drop of rain, like once every 20 minutes or so.   When I got to the back side and crossed over Interstate 205 it brought a smile to my face.  I was out having fun as I traveled, unlike those below me on the interstate.


When I reached the Springwater Trail, I took a chance that my luck with the weather would hold, and took off eastward.  I rode to Boring, the end of the trail, then turned around and headed back toward Portland.

When I got to Cartlandia I partook of the best $1 tacos this side of Mexico.


I hopped back on the bike and continued west.  Some chickens were foraging by the side of the trail.


On Wednesday's ride we often stopped near beehives.  The bees were busy doing what bees do, and someone mentioned that they didn't think that there were any flowers blooming.  Don't tell that to this little guy.

There were actually quite a few blooms about yet.  The wild peas were especially colorful.


There were many other flowers around as well.  The bees are still finding plenty of pollen gathering opportunities.

I crossed Hwy 99E and paused to take a photo of the trail's bridge over the busy highway.


I finished up, loaded the bike, and started toward home.  On the way it began raining hard enough that I had to run windshield wipers.  I guess I timed that about right!

.......Road bike........Rollers.......MTB.......Lifecycle....Total
Today.......65...............0..............0..............0.............65
Jan..........765.............0..............0..............0.............765
Feb..........248............0..............0..............0..............248
March......183...........0...............0.............0...............183
April........228...........0...............0.............0...............228
May.........200............0..............0.............0...............200
June.........199...........0...............26...........0...............225
July..........246...........0...............0.............0...............246
August.....502...........0...............0.............0...............502
Sept..........974...........0..............44............0..............1018
Oct...........412............0...............0.............0...............412
Total........3809.........0...............70............0..............3879

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.