Thursday, October 29, 2015

An extended library run

I note that the corn maze that I'll be visiting with friends and family this weekend requires me to print the ticket I bought online (as opposed to being able to display it on my phone).   Since my printer sits safely nearly 200 miles away, I planned a trip to the local library to use their printer.

It had rained most of the night and early morning, but by the time the library opened at 11AM it looked fairly decent.  I put on a raincoat, took the rain bike, and rode the long way to the library. I locked the bike up and went in and got my ticket printed


Having finished my business, I went out for bonus miles.   I rode around looking for sights to see on this grey day, The first views were off the west side of Queen Ann.

The mouth of the former tide flats of Smith Cove
Magnolia Peninsula 
I continued counter-clockwise around Queen Ann and stopped near Parson's Garden for this view of downtown.


It was time for lunch, so I rolled down the hill to the Seattle landmark, Dicks. As I secured my bike, it began to rain.  I ate lunch and monitored social  media as I watched the rain fall.  After about 45 minutes the rain stopped.
Now fortified, and seeing a window in the rainfall,  I pedaled back up Queen Ann via Taylor Ave N.

Photos taken at numbered locations

I never got far, but I never got wet either!

..........Road Bike.....Rollers.....MTB.....Lifecycle..Total
Today .....7...............0...............0.............0...............7
Jan.........765..............0...............0.............0............765
Feb........248..............0...............0.............0............248
March....183..............0...............0.............0.............183
April......228...............0..............0..............0.............228
May.......200...............0..............0..............0.............200
June........199..............0..............26............0.............225
July.........246.............0...............0..............0.............246
Aug.........502.............0...............0..............0.............502
Sept.........974.............0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,44.............0............1018
Oct.......... 962.............0..............45.............0............1007
______________________________________________
total.......4507.............0.............115............0...........4622

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.