Saturday, October 17, 2015

Bakery to Bakery Ride

The rainy day that was predicted really didn't materialize.  There were a few light showers overnight, and some persistent drips this morning, but by late morning the roads were dry.  I had some chores to attend to, so taking the morning off from riding was ok.

By late in the day I decided I needed to go ride some.

I decided to go preview the starting location for tomorrow's ride.  While doing that I thought maybe a review of a previous starting location would be fun too.  The group I've been riding with lately likes to start at bakeries, so today's ride would be a bakery to bakery trip.

The first bakery on today's agenda would be the one we started at in August.

Today I was the only cyclist there.


I pedaled back toward the Willamette River.


All the fancy bike infrastructure would make Seattleites jealous.


I crossed the Tilikum Bridge to the west side of the Willamette River and arrived very soon at tomorrow's meeting point.


I rode another block to see North America's largest bike parking lot.



I turned around and rode back toward the Tilikum Bridge.


I crossed the bridge and pedaled back to Sellwood.



There was a pretty neat sunset tonight as I was driving home.  I took advantage of a red light to snap this photo.
Sorry about all the wires, but I didn't get to choose the location of the red light!
.......Road bike........Rollers.......MTB.......Lifecycle....Total
Today.......12...............0..............0..............0.............12
Jan..........765.............0..............0..............0.............765
Feb..........248............0..............0..............0..............248
March......183...........0...............0.............0...............183
April........228...........0...............0.............0...............228
May.........200............0..............0.............0...............200
June.........199...........0...............26...........0...............225
July..........246...........0...............0.............0...............246
August.....502...........0...............0.............0...............502
Sept..........974...........0..............44............0..............1018
Oct...........726............0...............0.............0...............726
Total........4123.........0...............70............0..............4193

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.