Saturday, September 19, 2015

To Alki via Magnolia

There were a few sprinkles this morning, but very few.  I put a clip on rear fender on my carbon bike and packed a rain coat, just in case.  I took off on one of my favorite Seattle rides, Alki via Magnolia.
Before that began though there was a matter of breakfast.  I rode the mountain bike to the Queen Anne Cafe, had my favorite, the Queen Anne Scramble.

Having taken care of my nutritional needs, I switched to the carbon bike and peddled out.
Down from Queen Anne and along the South Ship Canal Trail. I climbed up to Discovery Park then turned along the edge of Magnolia.  It is one of my favorite rides, with nice views across Puget Sound.



 I rolled down off Magnolia and got on the Elliot Bay Trail.  I pedaled into a brisk wind out to Alki.
The forecast indicated increasing clouds with a chance of showers by afternoon.  Instead, the sky continued to clear and temperatures reached 70 degrees.

When I got to Alki I visited a small museum.


I began the wind assisted return trip.



I pedaled across the Duwamish industrial waterway (not to be confused with a river) and back along the Elliot Bay Trail.  Trail is a term used loosely, much of it is on Alaskan Way.  With the seemingly perpetual construction, marked bike lanes are non existent, and bikes take the lane.  It's okay, it doesn't take much effort to keep up with the pace of motor traffic.

I took the turn onto the South Ship Canal Trail and continued pedaling along.  When I got to Seattle Pacific University I exited the trail and started up the Kralik Way.

When I got near the top of Queen Anne some folks had closed off the street and were having a party!


It ended up being a nicer day than expected.





.......Road bike........Rollers.......MTB.......Lifecycle....Total
Today........40...............0..............1..............0..............41
Jan..........765.............0..............0..............0.............765
Feb..........248............0..............0..............0..............248
March......183...........0...............0.............0...............183
April........228...........0...............0.............0...............228
May.........200............0..............0.............0...............200
June.........199...........0...............26...........0...............225
July..........246...........0...............0.............0...............246
August.....502...........0...............0.............0...............502
Sept..........510...........0..............44............0...............554
Total........3081.........0...............70............0..............3151

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.