Friday, February 6, 2015

Suck it up Cupcake

My sometimes morning ritual is to ride to the local bakery in the morning for a donut or maple bar.   Today that was not necessary as I'm still working on a gigantic birthday cookie.


But I did need to go for a bike ride.  It had rained hard overnight, and was still raining moderately as I took the fixie out for a spin. I biked a mix of paths and streets. Evidence of the night's rain was everywhere.

I became aware of a fixie's shortcomings when pedaling through deep water.  You've got to keep pedaling, even if the pedals dip into the water at the bottom of the pedal stroke! The water in the photo above ended up being about 8" deep.

My 98th consecutive day on the bike was wet, but fun.  Tomorrow I'm leaning strongly on taking the fixed gear bike for my 60 mile birthday ride with friends. It's going to be wet and windy tomorrow, might as well face it with a sense of adventure!


...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
Today..............12...............0..............0...............0..................12 Jan...............765...............0...............0...............0...............765
Feb.................66...............0...............0...............0.................66
Total............831...............0...............0...............0...............831

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.