Monday, February 2, 2015

A plan

It had rained most of the night, and was predicted to keep raining until about 1 PM today.  It was raining hard this morning. I planned to wait and watch, hoping that the forecast would come true.  Finally, right on cue, the rain began slowing down at 1PM. By 1:30 I was on the bike, no rain was falling, but the road was still wet.  The 10-15 mph wind would dry that out soon enough. I love it when a plan comes together!

I rolled down Queen Anne and crossed the Fremont Bridge then rode out to Golden Gardens. There was a great tailwind all the way out.  The sky was grey and the Sound was covered with whitecaps.



 I turned around and headed back into the wind.  When I got back to the Hiram Chittenden Locks I turned in and looked around a bit. I took a trip into the fish ladder viewing area.


It looks like I managed to hit the low point of fish migration.
As I exited the south side of the locks, I noticed that I was not the only one playing a tourist today.


I had goofed around enough that I was now running short on time.  I pedaled around one of my favorite routes, Magnolia.  It added just a few miles and about doubled the climbing.  The wind was an issue on the open bluff, it made for some serious pedaling effort.

I enjoyed the roll down Magnolia and back onto the Ship Canal Trail.  I climbed back up Queen Anne via the Kralik Way.  I stopped for a photo as I neared the top.


My 94th consecutive day on the bike was another short effort, but well worth the time it took to complete it.



...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
Today.............20...............0..............0...............0..................20 Jan...............765...............0...............0...............0...............765
Feb.................31...............0...............0...............0.................31
Total............796...............0...............0...............0...............796

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.