Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Short Morning Ride

 I've got a pretty busy afternoon planned, so got on the bike earlier today.
It was not raining, and the roadway was dry.  If the weather forecast is to be believed it will not stay that way.

I went for a little saunter around the neighborhood, looking for photo opportunities.
The first one was a block away.

Lake Union
 I continued around Queen Anne in a counter-clockwise direction. There aren't many view opportunities looking north because trees and houses are in the way.
My next stop was looking west toward Magnolia.


The west side has trees and houses too, but the slope is so steep that they drop out of the picture pretty quickly.  The streets snake their way up, and revert to stairs in many instances.


A steep sidehill descent

One of the many sharp zig-zags
The quickest way from up here to down there
I continued on around Queen Anne Blvd

Overlooking Smith Cove Cruise Ship Terminal

8th Ave is 30 ft right and 35 ft down!

Terminal 86
 As I made the bend around to the south side of Queen Anne I detoured through Parsons Park


 Before long, the iconic Seattle landmark, the Space Needle, came into view.


 The slope was still pretty steep at this point, the most direct way down, if one wanted to go that way, would be down stairs.

Danny Macaskill would go for this, but not I
I continued my way around the crown of Queen Anne, now looking over the east side upon Lake Union.

With one look over my shoulder upon the rapidly changing South Lake Union neighborhood my short ride was coming to an end.

My 95th consecutive day on the bike ended up short, fun, and dry!

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
Today..............7...............0..............0...............0...................7 Jan...............765...............0...............0...............0...............765
Feb.................38...............0...............0...............0.................38
Total............803...............0...............0...............0...............803

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.