Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Two States

I took off this morning from Queen Anne hill in Seattle and rode to Red Hook Brewery.  It was a very fall like morning.  There was a heavy, damp, fog. I had leg warmers and a tyvek jacket on.  I didn't have long fingered gloves or any other cool weather gear along.......it was 90 degrees when I left home a few days ago! If I had it along I would have worn it.  43 miles and I was back off the bike.

I drove back to Portland, watching the thermometer rise as I drove south.  By the time I got to Portland it was 80 degrees...........and it was raining in Seattle.

Bike friend Paula joined me for an evening ride.  We took off from SE Portland with a plan to ride the 40 mile loop.  We got a bit of a later start than planned because of a flat tire on her bike. It seems the stem separated from the tube!

At any rate, we finally got on the bikes on a glorious evening. I was in shorts and short sleeved jersey.

Along the Eastbank Esplanade

We worked our way along the Willamette River until we reached the University of Portland, then took the Peninsula Crossing Trail over to the Marine Drive Path. The sun was getting low in the sky as we neared the airport.

You can just make out Mt Hood looming in the distance


We continued along the Columbia River as the sun set.


We turned south when we reached I-205 and took the 205 Bike Path.  The sunset was pretty good, but the camera's automatic settings didn't do it justice.


Paula had to be up early in the morning so we cut the ride short as we reached Burnside Street. We ended up with 30 miles rather than the full 40.  We talked a bit about an upcoming Crater Lake bike trip then called it a night.

When I got home I noted that I was 4 miles short of 1300 miles for the month.  The weather was nice, certainly nicer than it will be in just a few short months. I hopped on the bike and pedaled a quick 4 miles in the neighborhood.

Dodged the rain in Seattle, got to ride a few nice miles with a friend in Portland, and got 1300 miles for the month.  I'd call that a win all around!


...............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today...............77...........0................0............0.............77 Jan..................93..............0...............0.........0..............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 March.............653.............0..............0.........0............653 April..............696..............0...............0.........0............696 May...............900...............0...............0.........0.............900
June..............484...............0..............0..........0...........484
July..............1300................0...............0..........0.............1300 Total...........4293.............0...............0..........0.............4293

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.