Sunday, July 28, 2013

A short bike ride and a couple of ferry rides

 3 of us took off on a ferry ride from West Seattle to Southworth with a plan to ride to Port Orchard.  Along the way we saw camels!





After taking a few camel photos we continued on our way to Port Orchard riding along the water's edge.






We arrived in Port Orchard after only 12 miles so we talked about riding a few more miles to Bremerton for lunch.  We arrived at Gorst and suddenly came to a stop with rumblings of "traffic, fast, scary, busy road".  It looked fine to me, though Hwy 3 looks like a freeway, the speed limit ranged from 40 to 50 mph, there were two lanes in each direction, and very wide shoulders..........and a great tailwind!  I paused briefly, then pedaled to Bremerton.  My friends decided to turn back.

I rolled into Bremerton, found lunch, then found the ferry to Seattle!   I spent over a half hour at lunch, and had to wait a half hour for the ferry.  I was on the phone to Julie and figured she'd be waiting a long time for me.  There was nothing I could do about it so I just watched birds.


After a long ferry ride I neared Seattle, as I did so I used my stupid smart phone to bring up a map and figure out the best way back to my pickup.


I pedaled across the West Seattle low bridge and turned on Avalon St, then on Faunterloy.  I as I neared my pickup I met Julie riding back toward me.  We had arrived back at my pickup within a minute of each other.  Love it when a plan comes together!




...............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today................32...........0..............0..........0.............32 Jan..................93..............0...............0.........0..............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 March.............653.............0..............0.........0............653 April..............696..............0...............0.........0............696 May...............900...............0...............0.........0.............900
June..............484...............0..............0..........0...........484
July..............1217................0...............0..........0.............1217 Total...........4210.............0...............0..........0.............4210

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.