Thursday, July 18, 2013

Race Across Oregon coverage

I am scurrying around on Race Across Oregon preparations.  No time for a ride today. :-(

In most years, Race Across Oregon updates are difficult to obtain.  The remoteness of the course means that cell phone service is extremely limited and internet access even more rare.  Yesterday we were told that this year the racers will have the option to be tracked via satellite.  My partner, John Henry Maurice and I jumped at the chance.  We are racing under the team name "Team Predator and Prey" and you will be able to see just how slow or fast we are, and be able to see our relationship to other competitors on this map.



You can go to the satellite tracking page directly HERE.

The satellite transponder will be in our support car, but 99% of the time it will be right with us, and at night is required to be so.

The Race Across Oregon website is woefully out of date, but hopefully once the race gets underway there will be updates posted there as well.

If I can get my Ipadio app working correctly I'll post updates to this blog when I'm able.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.