Wednesday, December 12, 2012

glitches and goof ups

I had a meeting and some errands to run today, and decided that the timing of them allowed bike commuting.
Unlike in my Seattle errand commutes, my home commutes provide for longer distances.  Today's riding around came to 86 miles.  There were a couple of showers, but nothing serious.

Tonight I joined 14 members of the Salem Bicycle Club on a holiday light tour by bike.



 As we prepared to ride I noted that I had remembered my Stella 300 headlight, but forgotten it's battery.  Luckily, I had two batteries for my ARC HID light along that would work, so I put one of them on. Picking up the second battery was one of my errands today. Adequately lit, I joined the group. We followed an official signed route that took us past many brightly decorated homes.


 We had a pretty good evening for riding.  The road was dry as we started out but we did get one light shower during the ride.  Nothing serious, some didn't even put on raingear, but it was enough to put a few drops of rain on the camera lense.





After several miles of riding, we came upon the residence of another Salem Bicycle Club member and we stopped for hot chocolate and cookies.

 
Following the cookie stop we continued on the last couple of miles to bring our ride to an end.  It was a fun ride with friends. 

I fired up my new Garmin tonight.  I remembered to push the "start" button, but after the ride was over I noted that the screen was prompting me to select time zones, language, etc.  So, no data recorded tonight.
I hadn't zeroed the Cat Eye.  I relied on others to tell me that we rode just under 9 miles.

In the not too recent past I would have noted my mileage for the day and gone out for a few bonus miles, but tonight I thought 95 miles was good enough.  That bike pansy is taking up residence on my shoulder!

...........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today............95..............0.............0..........0.............95 Jan..............105.............34............0..........0............139 Feb.............428............108...........0.........24...........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22...........831 April.........1010..............0.............0...........0..........1010 May..........1000..............0............20........0............1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0............1500 July..........1558..............0.............0..........0............1558 Aug...........531..............0.............0...........0..............531 Sept..........730..............0.............0...........0..............730 Oct............844.............0.............0............0.............844 Nov...........835..............0.............0...........0.............835
 Dec...........311..............0............0...........0.............311  YTD.........9657.........142............20..........46..........9865




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.