Thursday, December 20, 2012

Almost a carbon copy

I took a good look at my remaining miles before Sunday's little celebration, the route for Saturday morning's ride, the weather forecast, and other facts involved including the detail that most Cascade Bicycle Club rides say "rain cancels", some even say "showers cancel".  Julie say's she'll ride with me on Saturday, but that doesn't mean she'll do so without some grumbling if it is raining.

Here's what I came up with.  I have 17 miles left to play with, after a Saturday ride that maps at 29 miles.  It is a 9 mile bike round trip commute that involves a 400+ ft elevation change, down on the way there, and up on the way back.

Julie is not overly fond of hills, and certainly not enamored with riding in the rain.  The forecast is for rain.
The ride is listed as a "showers cancel" ride.

I figured that if I had the yearly mileage total down to 29 miles to go, I could keep the riding partner a bit happier by driving to and from the ride.  I may not be able to stop the rain, but I could eliminate the hill.

If the CBC ride occurs, we can just wrap it up when the gang finishes instead of having to ride uphill after we are left to ourselves.  We may be wet, but misery loves company. Once the company is gone, the hill wouldn't look nearly as nice.  If the CBC ride cancels (looking likely) at least we won't have as much time to be out there in the elements.

I looked back at yesterday's ride, and while I'm not a fan of riding the same route twice, especially twice in 24 hours, it was exactly the mileage I needed to accumulate.

It was raining, just like yesterday, but today was much more windy.  It was a  truly blustery day in the neighborhood.

I bundled up in my rain gear and off I went.

I finished up a bit cold, a lot wet, and glad I don't have to do too much of that anymore!    

If you want to join a few of us and ride a leisurely 17 mile ride in Portland followed by food and drink on Sunday afternoon and have not seen the invitation on Facebook, contact me for details.  I'd love to have you join the fun! 

...........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today............17..............0.............0..........0.............17 Jan..............105.............34............0..........0............139 Feb.............428............108...........0.........24...........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22...........831 April.........1010..............0.............0...........0..........1010 May..........1000..............0............20........0............1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0............1500 July..........1558..............0.............0..........0............1558 Aug...........531..............0.............0...........0..............531 Sept..........730..............0.............0...........0..............730 Oct............844.............0.............0............0.............844 Nov...........835..............0.............0...........0.............835
 Dec...........400..............0............0...........0.............400  YTD.........9746.........142............20..........46..........9954

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.