Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Rainy Day

I am in Seattle, there was some snow on the ground this morning on Queen Anne, as well as a lot of the Kitsap Penninsula and other outlying areas.  I was to lead a Caroling Bike Ride tonight, but with the snow and slop on the roadways, my attendees were dropping like flies.  So, I cancelled a caroling ride in Portland last week because of low interest, and again this week in Seattle.  I guess caroling by bike is not as much fun as we thought it might be.

But I still wanted to ride since I need a few miles, and it's beginning to look like snow, or at least nasty weather will be a likelihood for the next week.  I had two errands to run today and since the snow was pretty much gone by late morning, I prepared to do those by bike and get a few bonus miles beside.  I rode to the Queen Anne Branch of the Seattle Library and made a few copies, then rode out to the Discovery Park lighthouse.  It rained steadily.  I was glad that my copies were safely wrapped in plastic bag.

I was dressed for the weather so it wasn't too terrible.

From the lighthouse I rode back UP the hill and turned toward downtown.  I rode through Seattle Center and by the Space Needle, then made my way up Taylor St toward Queen Anne.  At the last moment I turned toward the local Safeway and picked up some dinner supplies........... tortilla chips and beer! (okay, that's not the only thing we are having for dinner, but it will go well with what we are having.)

I made it back, a little damp, but not cold.
Now the hard part, I've got a ride scheduled for Sunday afternoon to invite friends to ride the 10,000th mile with me.  I've got a 17 mile route mapped where I plan to turn the 10,000th mile right at the end.

With only 46 miles to play with, and pretty close to that mileage planned for Saturday morning with a bunch of Cascade Bicycle Club folks.  It's going to be close.



...........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today............17..............0.............0..........0.............17 Jan..............105.............34............0..........0............139 Feb.............428............108...........0.........24...........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22...........831 April.........1010..............0.............0...........0..........1010 May..........1000..............0............20........0............1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0............1500 July..........1558..............0.............0..........0............1558 Aug...........531..............0.............0...........0..............531 Sept..........730..............0.............0...........0..............730 Oct............844.............0.............0............0.............844 Nov...........835..............0.............0...........0.............835
 Dec...........383..............0............0...........0.............383  YTD.........9729.........142............20..........46..........9937

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.