Friday, March 9, 2012

Over the river and through the woods

and up and over a few hills!

I was off work early today, and despite a 50% chance of rain, the sky was blue and the weather warm. After a few text messages I found a riding partner to join me, though she couldn't start until 4:30PM. I did a little preride out to Multnomah Falls and back before having to meet up.

We rode to Rocky Butte and did 4 hill repeats on a course that we rode twice weekly up until a few months ago. After playing yo yo for a while (up, down, up, down) I accompanied her to her home since I had lights along and she didn't. Once there, she grabbed lights and we rode to a nearby BBQ ribs place and grabbed a bite to eat. (finger lickin' good!)

Following the rib feast I pedaled back to the Gateway Shopping Center where my pickup was waiting. I wasn't wearing warm clothes, just light weight gear, and was just a bit cold on the return ride. Other than that, it was a great afternoon and evening on a bike.

.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........86..............0.............0..........0...........86
Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139
Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536
March.......263..............0.............0..........0..........263
YTD.........796............142.............0.........24..........952

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.