Monday, September 26, 2011

Surprised!

The day started like this......



........and ended up by getting my thousand miles for the month of September!

After getting a good start to the month (404 miles in the first 5 days) I then took the next two weekends off from riding. I had fun wandering around in the Three Sisters Wilderness but figured it would likely cost me my thousand mile month, and the 10,000 mile year, but then a change of circumstances occurred. The weather was very nice and there were reduced hours at work. I hopped on the bike and rode.

An above normal amount of midweek miles coupled with a few longer weekend rides allowed me to hit the thousand mile month mark tonight. I was leading the "night route" for my social bike group. It's an event I've hosted every Monday-Wednesday-Friday for the last couple of weeks. It's been a bit slow to catch on and tonight was no exception. I was the only person signed up. While disappointed that no one would be joining me, it did give me some flexibility. After rain yesterday, and rain this morning, the afternoon was dry but windy. I got off work and was on the bike within an hour, a full hour earlier than the ride was officially supposed to start.

The early start allowed me to get the two laps in just before dark, and just before the rain started again. :-)

2 laps, 50 miles

..........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........50..............0.............0..........0..........50
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June.......1016..............0............10..........0........1026
July.......1148..............0.............0..........0........1148
August.....1049..............0.............0..........0........1049
Sept........974..............0............50..........0........1024
YTD........7126..............0............87..........7........7310

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.