Monday, September 19, 2011

Back on the bike

I've spent the last two weekends doing other things.

It was fun, something I really needed to do after a couple of years of putting it all on the back burner as I focused on a certain finish line in Twentynine Palms. But what it did was really turned around a month where I had over 400 miles in the first week.

If I am to get 1000 miles this month I need to start putting some miles in. As an added impetus, if I am to get my third 10,000 mile year in succession I need to start putting miles in. My mom says "but you really don't NEED to do that" but like most mothers, she just doesn't get it!

I felt a bit lazy, but that was overcome a bit by the sunny sky and temperature in the low 70's. I know that in just a few weeks it may very well be raining and I'll wish I put in some miles when the "putting in" was good.

I had planned to ride a route that I rode often last winter, a nice, well lit, wide shouldered route of just under 25 miles. I planned to do it twice, hoping to get it finished before dark. But alas, Facebook took my time away ;-) so I didn't start until 5:15.

I did get the first lap in well before sunset, but it was getting pretty dark by the time I finished the second lap. I had planned to that possibility and had two Planet Bike Superflashes on back, a 1W Planet Bike blinky on front, and my Light and Motion Stella 300 LED "35 mph light" on the helmet. I was ready to roll in the dark with a full contingent of lights and reflectivity.

It was a good ride and a nice evening to do it in.

I'm going to post it on my social bike club's calendar in case anyone else is looking for a afterwork mid week ride.

I'm thinking M-W-F ought to be just about right. :-)

Oh, and if you are more the urban cyclist type you might enjoy this. Heck, even if you aren't an urban cyclist but just like bikes, you might like it!

Portland's Bike Boulevards Become Neighborhood Greenways from Streetfilms on Vimeo.





..........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........50..............0.............0..........0..........50
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June.......1016..............0............10..........0........1026
July.......1148..............0.............0..........0........1148
August.....1049..............0.............0..........0........1049
Sept........558..............0............50..........0.........608
YTD........6710..............0............87..........7........6892

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.