Saturday, August 20, 2011

A warm Summer day

and it was about time! After a cool rainy start to the Summer today warmed up nicely. According to the weather almanac on wunderground.com it reached 83 today in Portland, it felt much warmer.

I rode from Tualatin to Portland via mostly Boones Ferry Rd then down to the Sellwood Bridge via the cemetery hill. I rode out the Springwater Corridor Trail then headed north on the I-205 bike path (what's up with me and bike paths lately?)
I turned upstream on the Columbia River and rode to Blue Lake Park than turned around and backtracked. I was just wandering around but as I was riding in Fairview I decided to drop by Glenn Otto Park in Troutdale, where my social bike club was having a ride and picnic. I arrived at Glenn Otto Park just as the food was being set out. The riders were still on the road on a Larch Mountain out and back. Mark was manning a rest stop at Chanticleer Pt with cookies! It didn't take long for me to decide I should pedal up that way and say hi to Mark!

I pedaled up to Chanticleer Pt, remembering how this used to be a formidable hill, and now was barely noticable. Years of riding will do that!

What I did notice was that Mark was not there! Rather than climb up Larch Mtn I decided to ride down to Multnomah Falls. I refilled water bottles and climbed back up to Women's Forum Park. I selected the 56x11 gear and pedaled it down to Troutdale... at a pretty fast pace. I unbiked myself and spent a few hours socializing with my fellow BOBers. As the group started to disperse I hopped on the bike and headed back toward home, on a slightly different route to the Willamette River than I had taken out.

By the time I was finished up today I had a respectable 127 miles.

Tomorrow I'll add another 150+ miles. Not a bad weekend, but I have to ride a bit to make up for last weekend's paltry mileage total. :-p

........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today.......127..............0.............0..........0.........127
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June.......1016..............0............10..........0........1026
July.......1148..............0.............0..........0........1148
August......661..............0.............0..........0.........661
YTD........5862..............0............37..........7........5906

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.