Sunday, August 28, 2011

RTFB

I was in search of 102 miles today. A couple of weeks ago I lead a great ride around Crater Lake, but in the process only logged 78 miles for the weekend, the least I've ridden in some time. Yesterday I attended a niece's wedding. Suddenly I found myself up against the end of the month without my thousand miles logged yet.

I posted it to my social bike group as the "RTFB" ride. You can probably figure out what those letters stand for but if you need a hint look up RAO-FC508-RAAM-24 hr record holder, Sandy Earl.

From the time I left home this morning until I arrived at Oaks Park, the starting location for today's ride, both of my riding partners had cancelled.

Yup, it was going to be one of those days like so many before... riding solo just putting in miles.

I pedaled out the Springwater Corridor to Gresham, then made my way to Troutdale then up the Historic Columbia River Highway. I've ridden this road many times but today stopped for a photo at a location that I don't believe I've ever stopped at before.



I arrived at Multnomah Falls and was disappointed to see a Turkish Bazaar set up again. It sort of strikes me like that biblical story of the money changers in the temple.



If I had wanted to experience Saturday Market I would have done so yesterday at one of the many Saturday Market/Farmers Market type venues. The last thing I want to see is this type of thing set up defiling such a beautiful natural treasure. I lodged a friendly complaint with the Forest Service employees in the information center and also with the restaurant concessionaire whom I was told had sponsored the "show".

I pedaled along my way out to Cascade Locks then turned back toward Portland. I finished up with 103 miles, and still time to help with the post wedding cleanup.

I have another thousand mile month in the bag, and will still hopefully get a few more miles on Tuesday when I lead another Rocky Butte Hill Repeat ride.

........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today.......103..............0.............0..........0.........103
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June.......1016..............0............10..........0........1026
July.......1148..............0.............0..........0........1148
August.....1001..............0.............0..........0........1001
YTD........6102..............0............37..........7........6226

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.