Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday again

and traffic woes again. I was late for my own ride. Luckily the participants know the drill. Hop on the bikes and ride up and down that hill as many times as you can in 90 minutes!

If I weren't so busy working during the day and riding bike at night I might get the Crater Lake weekend blog entry put together but alas, I am waiting to gather a few more photos from some of the other riders.

Tonight I was about 15 minutes late to Rocky Butte. The others were already coming down and making the turn for ascent #2. I joined them as they made the turn.

I joined one of the participants and we pedaled together as we did the repeats. As we neared the end of the 90 minutes I challenged her to get an extra round trip in. She was riding well, but not putting out nearly 100%. I continued to cheer her on.... ok, badgered her! .. as she began to gasp for air. She normally gets 5 repeats in, tonight I watched her dig deep and get 5 2/3 in. A faster start would have seen her get six, but she was shadowing a new rider on the first climb and it cost her time. If the ride leader (me) had been there to do his job then that would have been me losing the time and my friend would have gotten six. Next time!

Following the 90 minutes of fun..er torture.. I accepted the offer for bonus miles. I had thought there might be bonus miles tonight and had my bright commuter light along. It was a beautiful evening for a ride so it was an easy choice. I rode from Rocky Butte out to 33rd, then up to the Marine Drive bike path then down the I-205 path back to Rocky Butte. Not far, but better than just the hill repeats.

It was a fun evening and a good ride.


........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........33..............0.............0..........0..........33
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June.......1016..............0............10..........0........1026
July.......1148..............0.............0..........0........1148
August......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
YTD........5703..............0............37..........7........5747

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.