Thursday, August 11, 2011

Not your normal Thursday


Getting across town to lead the Rocky Butte Hill Repeat ride is always a test of patience. The 26 miles should be just over a 30 minute drive but most nights it's somewhere between 75 and 90 minutes. Tonight it took 2 hours! I would have just parked and biked in, it would have been faster, if only I knew a place where I could have parked!

I texted one of the participants to inform the group that I would be arriving late and not to wait for me. I arrived about 8 minutes late. I quickly assembled my gear and started up the hill. I didn't take the time to put on the heart rate monitor, or put the camera in my pocket.

It was another small group, only seven total. 5 of us extended the evening at a local Mexican food establishment.

We talked bikes and home brew. One of this evening's participants is married to a home brewer and it was interesting listening to her talk of the whole home brewer world. She also had a pretty snazzy new bike of a style and brand more at home on a Randonee. Her Rivendell did look pretty darn nice though!

I got 5 repeats in during my abbreviated ride.

After a good start to the month as far as bike miles goes, this weekend will be a tapering off so to speak. I leave tomorrow after work for Crater Lake where I'll be leading a 62 mile ride on Saturday. Sunday is a bit up in the air but I may just repeat the Saturday trip. ...or maybe a ride along the North Umpqua River. We'll see what materializes.

........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........15..............0.............0..........0..........15
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June.......1016..............0............10..........0........1026
July.......1148..............0.............0..........0........1148
August......391..............0.............0..........0.........391
YTD........5592..............0............37..........7........5636

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.