Monday, July 4, 2011

A sunny day

It was a beautiful day, a day so nice that my niece couldn't resist the chance to ride with the famous Desert Coyote. ;-)

In actuality, Elise just recently got a new bike and it didn't take much arm twisting to get her to join me for a ride to break it in.
She could almost overlook the fact that she had to ride with her uncle!


We set off on a blistering 12mph pace, heading for the bike shop to get her a snazzy new color coordinated water bottle cage.

Time was a bit of a concern because she had to be at work in the not too distant future.

We made it to the bike shop, like a good uncle I treated her to a new water bottle cage. (hey, I'm not that good of an uncle, I only did it because I earned "points" on my account!)

We pedaled back toward Wilsonville via 65th Ave. I figured it would be good to avoid the busier streets and dicier intersections of Boone's Ferry Road. Elise figured I was trying to kill her with the hills. ;-)


We would have had a 12 mile ride, but alas, as I was waiting for her at the top of a roller, she made a phone call unbeknownst to me. About 10 miles into the ride her boyfriend shows up and sags her home!

I told her I was going to post on the internet that she could only ride 10 miles and couldn't keep up with an old man. She smiled.

Consider it posted!

Having done my duty of helping an emerging cyclist I took off on a random ride, slow, and smell the flowers type of thing. That's about all I've been good for lately!

I made my way to Tualatin and started taking just random turns. I ended up in Ibach Park and jumped on a multi-use path along a creek.



I rode portions of my favorite night route, this time in bright and warm sunshine! The neighborhoods were filled with the smell of backyard barbecue.

I was in such a hurry (NOT!) that I even went shopping at REI. I picked up a few powerbars and other ride kibble to carry along on STP next weekend. Even though STP is very well supported I always carry some "emergency" supplies. One never knows when one might need a little pick me up!

I pedaled along at a social pace, stopping from time to time to trade text messages with a friend on the Gulf Coast who was sitting on the beach waiting for fireworks to start. We still had 4 hours until dark to her amazement. A little farther west and a little farther north will do that!

Before finishing up the ride I passed a Panda Express, it's gravitational pull drew me in. ... yummy!

Feeling quite satisfied I wrapped the ride up with 64 miles. It took most of the afternoon, but it was a good ride!



.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........64..............0.............0..........0..........64
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June.......1016..............0............10..........0........1026
July........243..............0.............0..........0.........243
YTD........4296..............0............37..........7........4339

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.