Friday, July 22, 2011

RAOeve

I answered the call for volunteers for this year's Race Across Oregon. I will be a course official. I've competed in ultra events, crewed for ultra events, but this will be my first go at officiating an ultra event. I had to work a bit late so got on the road later than I had hoped.



I arrived in Hood River, the starting location for the Race Across Oregon in time to take in the final 15 minutes of the rider's meeting. I did get a chance to go over my race duties with George Thomas, the Race Director for RAO, as well as Race Director for Race Across America (RAAM)

I joined George, and his stable of 3 beautiful out of state gals, for dinner. Maybe some of his charm will rub off on me? Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.