Wednesday, July 6, 2011

making a difference

I won't be on the bike until Saturday when I ride STP (Cascade Bicycle Club's Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic). I'm trying to get a week's worth of work done in 3 days and just don't have time to ride. :-(

I did get a note today though that reminded me that sometimes the things we say or do have an effect on others. The write up I have for the Tuesday and Thursday evening Rocky Butte hill repeats tells of the value of doing "homework" on the bike so that when we are called on to put out more effort (up a hill, against the wind, etc) that we will be able to answer the call.

I guess at least one person was listening. :-)

"Hey Kevin - you provided my inspiration tonight. As I was riding against a strong headwind and up many hills, I kept thinking about the Rocky Butte ride and your comment that this is the stuff that makes us stronger & better. With that attitude - I kicked ass! thanks"

I guess I'll have to keep leading those rides!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.