Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday, must be time for hill repeats!

I haven't been able to attend the midweek rides for the last several installments. I'm either working late, or in at least one instance had a meeting to attend. It was nice to be back on the bike this evening. 5 of us met for our Rocky Butte hill repeat ride only to find a Portland Policeman with his car sideways across the road. He informed us that the road was closed..... but evidently a big secret as to why. ...must be a matter of national security. :-O
Having had the man tell us we couldn't ride our hill tonight....

... we decided to pedal over to Mt Tabor and ride up that a few times instead. Monica and Mark led the way.

I didn't have my camera with me so I only took two photos with my phone... sorry for the poor quality. There were some nice views, probably better views than from Rocky Butte, but the ride didn't lend itself to the training we are accustomed to. Seems that Rocky Butte is steeper, and much shorter.

By the time we rode back to Rocky Butte and our vehicles we logged 16 miles and 1425 feet of climbing.

I helped a friend with a household repair project after our ride and it was dark by the time I left. I noted a nearly full moon, and the very comfortable evening temperature... wish I had my bike lights with me.... and didn't have to work early in the AM. It would have been a lovely night to go for a few bonus miles.

........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........16..............0.............0..........0.........16
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......524..............0.............0..........0.........524
May........1003..............0.............0..........0........1003
June.......1016..............0............10..........0........1026
July........571..............0.............0..........0.........571
YTD........4624..............0............37..........7........4667

1 comment:

  1. I RSVP'd for the Tuesday Ride Hill Repeater last week- did a 16 mile ride first at Champoeg, then drove home to McMinnville. After that, 50 miles seemed like too far to drive again, especially when I noticed you weren't going to be there! ;) It's still a ride I want to do though...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.