Thursday, February 3, 2011

21 flat and fast miles

21 flat and fast miles tonight. Nice to have the days getting longer. Started at 4:30 and got most of it done before dark.

We did have one issue. My riding partner and I were riding near Wilsonville, the sun was still up but we both had front and rear blinkies flashing. I did not have my 400 lumen light on. A driver in a 4x4 pickup (isn't it always a 4x4???) stopped as he was coming out from a side street, then creeped out, and out, and finally right in front of my partner, forcing an evasive maneuver, along with a verbal outburst. The driver was captive, vehicular traffic was at a standstill. I rode up, slapped the tailgate. (when will I learn?) and asked him what the hell he thought he was doing. He responded that he didn't see her. I asked if he even looked! I mean, bright colors, daylight, and a 1 watt white blinkie flashing in his face. If it was any solace, he had fear in his eyes, he wasn't sure what I was going to do. As it ended up, I made sure he heard my concerns, then rode away.

My friend and I pedaled quicky tonight. We had an 18 mph "on bike" average at the end

..........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........21..............0.............0..........0..........21
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb..........35..............0.............0..........0..........35

Year to date ..........................................a paltry 537

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.