Monday, February 7, 2011

a dark and rainy night

There is a route I like to use when I ride at night, for the most part well lit, wide shoulders and low traffic. What a difference the weather makes! I rode it last week and had a very enjoyable ride, rode it again tonight and was ... not so enjoyable. Tonight was raining. Even though I had bright lights on, they just bounced off the black wet roads and went off into space. The raindrops on the glasses compounded the poor vision.

My riding partner had enough long before the ride was over, I wasn't far behind in how I felt.

We both agreed that it was still better than sitting home. But I think it's safe to say that we both hope for better weather the next time!

..........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........21..............0.............0..........0..........21
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........201..............0.............0..........0.........201

Year to date ..........................................a paltry 703

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.