Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Nice ride, new route for me

I had a mid-morning meeting in Salem and had hoped to commute the 100 mile round trip by bike.......but the bike pansy made a convincing argument to scuttle that reminding me that I'd have to carry meeting suitable clothes and my big lock. Bike parking at the venue was also an unknown.

I did bring the bike along though and mid-afternoon I rode from Keizer towards Silver Falls via Hazelgreen, Bethany, and Silverton. It was a very scenic route and very bike-able. Nice low traffic roads, gorgeous rural views, and smooth paved shoulders. It doesn't get a whole lot better than that!

17 miles in I got to Silverton. I remembered that one of my college buddies whom I haven't seen in years used to live there. I took the chance and looked in a phone book. Sure enough, he was still there. I made a call and then rode my bike up to his house and had a nice visit...and canceled the ride from there up to Silver Falls. I'll be on that route in 4 days so it's no big deal, I did get the section I was unfamiliar with scoped out.....and it is glorious! I have to be back in Salem tomorrow morning, I may bring my bike again and do a little "pedal exploring". Thursday my ride buddy Erinn and I are likely riding 60-70 miles so I won't want to wear myself out, but a nice little afternoon ride might be in order.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........35...............0................35
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
April total...629.....+........57.....=...........676
YTD...........2834....+.......743....=.........3577

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.