Thursday, June 19, 2008

another great day!

I started in Newberg today, opting to miss the first 25 miles that had about 15 miles of less than desirable road to ride. I was to meet Erinn at Champoeg but first work got in the way and then traffic delivered the final coup de gras. She called with her regrets. I figured it was way too nice a day to scuttle so I rode on solo. From Champoeg I took Butteville Rd to Gervais then made my way to Mt Angel. This picture is of St Mary's church. A lot of damage was sustained in the "Spring Break Quake" of 1993 but they've done a great job of repair/restoration. As always, you can click on the photo to view it full size.





and this one of the interior:



After taking my self guided tour of the church I continued on to Silverton then after a brief stop for refreshment turned west towards Bethany. When I got a few miles out from Keizer I turned northwest towards Brooks. From Brooks I turned north on River Rd and proceeded to St Paul. Today's ride was through Willamette Valley farm country, and the farmers are irrigating big time.

not too long ago it was snowing every other day. What a difference 6 weeks make! From St Paul I continued back to Newberg, completing my loop. All tolled, 65 miles today. Not as fast as if Erinn were prodding me, but I did manage to pull off a 16.6 average.

A great day to be on a bike!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........65...............0................65
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
April total...629.....+........57.....=...........676
YTD...........2924....+.......743....=.........3667

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.