Sunday, May 25, 2008

ride when you can....................

because you never know what tomorrow may bring!

Yesterday afternoon was sunny and warm with a light breeze. I thought about riding just because the weather was so nice but decided not to since the plan was to do some hard riding in the West Hills this morning. Alas, by 8:30 PM last night we had a rare for these parts thunderstorm come through. It was one of the most intense t-storms that I remember happening here. Quite a show!

At any rate, this morning the roads were wet with a few showers playing around. The forcaster say there is a chance of more thunderstorms. Our ride organizer wisely cancelled today's ride. He may reschedule for tomorrow morning, but I already have plans for the morning. I may ride a more laid back ride tomorrow afternoon with some folks.

This morning I was already up, already had my bike ready to go. Figured I could just as well put in some miles as long as I stayed close in case the weather changed for the worse. I started by riding to Hagg Lake and making a lap then looped around Wapato Lake and back towards Forest Grove. All was going well, only a few light sprinkles from time to time, so I pedaled on over to the North Plains area. I took a little scenic tour of the local roads zigging and zagging my way back to Forest Grove. Other that having to wash the bike after riding wet roads, none the worse for wear.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........66...............0
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
April total...629.....+........57.....=...........676
YTD...........2331....+.......720....=.........3039

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.