Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hopefully on the road to recovery

I bagged yesterday's planned ride in the Gorge because of respiratory issues. Today I thought a gentle bike ride might be just what I needed, increase circulation, loosen "lung debris", and just get out and enjoy the sun. (it was in the mid 70's today)

I had originally planned to ride from Cornelius Pass Roadhouse which would have given me about a 50 mile ride today, but decided if I would begin where my social bike club was starting out from (Grand Lodge) that 27 miles might be just enough for this sickly guy today.

It was a great day for a ride. We started off from Grand Lodge and made our way to Hagg Lake. Shawn decided that we all needed a lesson on how to change a flat on a road bike so he obliged us with an impromptu lesson.


The class in rapt attention!


All of us made one lap, some made two. I did one lap and a little random riding as well as an out and back to bring today's total for me to 32 miles. I was riding a slower pace, averaging just over 16 mph, but it felt surprisingly well.

We had a wide range of riders today, everything from seasoned roadies to a mountain bike, even a single speed. Some worked harder than others, but I think it's safe to say that we all had a good day........... at least we were all still speaking to each other at the "post ride briefing". ;-)


At the Iron Work Grill in Grand Lodge:





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............32...............0
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
April total...629.....+........57.....=...........676
YTD...........1857....+.......720....=.........2565

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.