Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Wet

My friend Julie got a Fitbit a few weeks ago and has really got into the whole "log 10,000 steps every day" thing. In order to reach that goal she usually has to do about 3-4 miles of dedicated walking in addition to normal activities.

Today she was going to go for a 4 mile walk.  She invited me to join her, but she walks, I've evolved to the next step, I bike. (that, and I probably can't keep up with her walking pace comfortably)

I took the fixed gear bike because it is more maneuverable and can go slower.  The roads were dry as we started out.

I left the raincoat and just rode in blue jeans, a long sleeved t-shirt, and a light jacket.

It started raining before we had covered a half mile.


We thought it might be just a passing shower, but alas..........


By the time we had covered a mile, we were both wet to the skin.  Julie was working a bit harder than I and was warm, I was beginning to get cold.  4 mph is a fast walk, but a very slow bike ride.


We finished the loop in just a few minutes over an hour.  Julie still had a few more steps to go so she walked on, I had enough and parked the bike and started the process of drying clothes. 

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
Today.............4...............0..............0...............0..................4 Jan...............765...............0...............0...............0...............765
Feb................248...............0...............0...............0................248
March...........173.................0................0..............0................173
Total............1186...............0...............0...............0..............1186

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.