Monday, March 9, 2015

Two days in a row!

It was another beautiful warm blue sky day. Carol called and invited me to go for the ride that we did not do yesterday.  We met in Butteville with a plan for about 30 miles.

Yesterday I noted that the back tire on my carbon bike was toast, so I made sure that I had a good spare along. I knew that if I had a flat that I would not be putting the existing tire back on.  I made the 40+ mile trip with no issues, but this morning as I went to load the bike up, the back tire was flat.  I grabbed the fixie.

Carol and I started out from the Butteville Store and headed toward Champoeg Park.  We took the park's bike path along the river to get there, thinking that the forested river view would be worth the effort.

Once we got to Champoeg Park we took French Prairie Rd south.  We had no route planned other than hoping to get about 30 miles before Carol had to get to work.  The weather was warm, and there was no wind to speak of.  We were having a great time!






When we got to Mahoney Road we turned west.  I'm not sure if I've ever been through Mahoney Rd before.  I probably have been, but I just don't remember. When we reached River Rd we turned back north.  

 


 

We cut back to the east on Davidson Rd then retraced our outbound route on French Prairie to Champoeg Park.  Carol didn't want to repeat the trail to Butteville preferring to ride the road. It was a faster option, but would be a lot more work on the fixed gear bike.  The route had been mostly flat, but there is a lot of up and down on the road between Champoeg Park and Butteville as we cross creeks and skirt hills.  Both the ups and downs are challenging when riding fixed.  The last few miles are especially hilly and Carol dropped me like a hot potato.

We arrived back at Butteville with 28 miles.  Coincidentally, a woman who was preparing to give her dog a walk as we were leaving to begin our ride was just coming back as we finished.   She had walked 6 miles with the dog.  We visited a bit, then Carol noted that she still had some time before she had to head home.  We unloaded the bikes, put our helmets back on, and rode nearly to the Boone's Ferry landing,  We made a brief stop at a river access point, that was closed for winter, but we managed to get a view of the river.


 We continued another couple of miles before deciding it was time to turn around.

We got back to Butteville, the woman and her dog were gone, and so soon would we be!


It was a nice day for a bike ride.



...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
Today.............36...............0..............0...............0..................36 Jan...............765...............0...............0...............0...............765
Feb................248...............0...............0...............0................248
March............82.................0................0..............0.................82
Total............1095...............0...............0...............0..............1095

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.