Monday, March 16, 2015

A short post stormy weekend ride

After several weeks of nice weather this last weekend was horrific.  Wind (up to 50 mph) and rain (1.5"/24hr) were the norm west of the Cascade Mountains.  Even the arid east side of the state got some rain, and was not spared high winds.  On top of all this, a friend was hit while cycling by a drunk driver, who fled the scene.  Luckily the perpetrator has likely been apprehended.

I had some business to attend to from morning until late afternoon, but the sun was shining, and I haven't been on the bike much lately and really wanted to get out for at least a few miles.  I took off on the fixed gear just a bit before 6PM. 

Signs of the stormy weekend weren't hard to find.


But signs of Spring were abundant as well.




I figured that with the weekend rain that there was likely a fresh coating of snow on Mt Hood and I pedaled to a favorite overlook.

As I arrived I noted that the mountain did indeed have some new white snow on it.


The photo is better when the foreground trees are in shadow, and I knew if I waited for the sun to get low in the sky that Mt Hood would still be illuminated while the sun would have set on the lowlands.

As I waited for sundown suddenly some shadows of wispy clouds to the west began to somewhat obscure Mt Hood. I thought it might be the end of my photo opportunity.


Luckily just as the sun set the shadows lifted and I was able to get my photo.


It was a short, but fun ride.


...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
Today.............8...............0..............0...............0..................8 Jan...............765...............0...............0...............0...............765
Feb................248...............0...............0...............0................248
March...........116.................0................0..............0................116
Total............1129...............0...............0...............0..............1129

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.