Monday, January 31, 2011

The last day of January

And I waited until today to decide that it really was important to me to get 500 miles this month. I hadn't done less than 500 in quite some time. Despite not having any bike goals this year I just couldn't stand the thought of finishing up the month with less than 500 miles.

I hopped on the bike at 4:15PM and looked for at least 60 miles. I rode from Butteville and took French Prairie to River Rd, then took the Wheatland road loop toward Keizer. When I reached 31 miles I turned around and rode back. (1 mi for buffer!) I picked the roads because I knew they would have low traffic. The weather was dry but a bit chilly as the night progressed.

I had my standard two Superflashes on the back, a bright front blinkie, as well as my Stella 3 really bright LED light on the helmet. Seeing and being seen was not an issue.

Rolled back into Butteville with enough miles to salvage a 500 mile month. Not many miles compared to what I've been riding, but it will have to do for January.


..........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........62..............0.............0..........0..........62
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502

Year to date ..........................................a paltry 502

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.