Sunday, January 30, 2011

4 separate bike rides today,

4 separate bike rides today, only 73 miles total, but each ride got more challenging. Now going to Portland Wheelman banquet.
(posted via phone)

Update:

Friends have remarked that they can't figure out why my mileage is so low, I ride every weekend. Well folks, when you ride 30-40 miles in a day it doesn't add up very fast! Today I continued my short ride ways, but at least today I rode 4 of them!

I started off with plans to ride about 150 miles of the Willamette Valley Bikeway. I got about 8 miles into it and just lost interest. It was cold and foggy...and I didn't have to ride.... so I didn't.

When I got back I Dave was preparing to ride a 20 mile hilly loop from Wilsonville to Sherwood and back. I jumped back on the bike and joined him.

I just got back from that, put my bike away, then checked email. Social bike group member Art posted a last minute ride from Gateway to take in 30 miles of paths and some roads. I decided what the heck and joined Art and Gerson. As I prepared to ride I got a call from a friend who could be ready to ride by 3 and was looking for company. When Art's route got close to Troutdale I took my leave and met up with my 4th ride of the day, a run up the Sandy River and into the hills above Corbet.

I had an invitation to attend the Portland Wheelmen Touring Club's annual banquet and once I left my riding partner I had to pedal hard back to Gateway in order to make it to the banquet on time. Thankfully I have a 24 hr Fitness membership, and had suitable clothes along. The gym was just 2 blocks away from the banquet. Despite a 20mph+ run from Troutdale back to Gateway I was still about 10 minutes late to the banquet, but the line was still formed for food, so I was good to go, and my space at a table was being saved for me. ;-)


..........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........73..............0.............0..........0..........73
Jan.........412..............0............21..........7.........440

Year to date ..........................................a paltry 440

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.