Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Summits

I joined one of our social bike group's rides today. Paul leads a ride every Sunday and today it was "Sunday Summits". A group of us started out from Metro Perc this morning with Bald Peak as our goal.

The sky was clear but was a bit cool at 34 degrees as I drove over to the start location. Luckily it warmed up quickly and was in the low 40's as we began around 8:30AM. We held a good pace as we pedaled westward towards Bald Peak. As we began to climb the group spread out a bit.

We continued working our way up the hill. After a suitably long period of effort we reached the summit. Here Mark and Sandy reach today's goal.

As I descended I could see Wapato Lake and the Gaston area.


My mind wandered to the Banana Belt bike races taking place at Hagg Lake today. I decided to turn down that 18% grade and pass through Laurelwood on my way to make a lap of Hagg Lake and see the fast boys and girls ride.

After my lap of the lake I made my way back to Metro Perc via Blooming Fernhill Rd.

I guess it IS ONLY EARLY MARCH, but after yesterday's 102 miler with 6580 feet, and today's little hill climb with 3960 ft I was tired!

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.........TOTAL
Today.......62................0.................62
Jan........618...............0................618
Feb........692...............0................692
March......205...............0................205
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....1529...............0...............1529

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.