Monday, March 29, 2010

Learning Curve

I've owned rollers for 5 months or so but with the good winter weather for the most part I haven't had the need to give them a try. Today was just pouring, the forecast says more of the same for the coming week.

I decided to give them a try. It is, after all, still my real bike. Should be better training than the Lifecycle at the gym right?

Whoa baby! Took me 2.5 "miles" to be able to feel comfortable enough to pedal without having something VERY close to grab hold of. Once I learned a few tricks, ....look ahead NOT down, have a "center line" out in front so you know where to ride, and keep the pedals spinning, I was off to the races. I was riding in jeans, a sweatshirt, and tennis shoes on my clipless pedals. Not the best riding gear. After a total of 5 "miles" I decided that I can probably ride them, but will give it a longer shot in the next day or so.

For now I'm just happy that I didn't fall over!

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today......101................0.......................101
Jan........618...............0........................618
Feb........692...............0........................692
March......908...............0..............5.........913
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....2232...............0..............5.........2237

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.