Monday, March 8, 2010

A sick puppy

I've been called worse!

I had two meetings in Forest Grove today, separated by about 5 hours. What better way to fill the time than ride bike? ;-)

I did indeed bring my bike with me. As the first meeting was wrapping up I noted crisp temperatures but a mostly clear sky. A brisk north wind was blowing.

Being just a bit touched in the head (and still looking towards October's test) I decided to find a route that optimized riding into this wind. I decided that a loop that went south from Forest Grove via Springhill Rd and came back northward on Hwy 47 would be just perfect. That would allow me to ride directly into an unobstructed north wind for about 5 miles. I made two circuits of the 13.5 mile loop.

After two laps I saw big puffy clouds building to the west and with a prediction of possible thunderstorms I thought it was a good time to get off the bike.

I got cleaned up and walked into my early evening meeting with a north wind still blowing but not as hard as it was earlier. By the time the meeting was over the wind had switched to a south wind, the temperature had dropped to 34 degrees and it was SNOWING HARD!

Welcome to Spring in Oregon!

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.........TOTAL
Today.......27................0.................27
Jan........618...............0................618
Feb........692...............0................692
March......232...............0................232
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....1556...............0...............1556

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.