Tuesday, February 24, 2009

twiddling my thumbs

waiting for the wheels of justice to move.








(wonder if the owner of this shop has a story to tell?)

In the meantime I've been trying to plan my ride calendar. I usually ride many organized rides. I just find the company and different scenery to make these rides something to look forward to. If the ride is reasonably priced and/or raises money for a good cause....I'm there!

This year it seems that many of the rides that I've ridden in the past have been scheduled on competing days.

Examples:
(Links to all these rides are listed down the right side of this blog under "organized rides")

It started off with February;
The Wet and Windy 50 and Chilly Hilly were both on Feb 22nd.

In April it goes crazy;
The Monster Cookie Metric Century, The Port Townsend Rhody Tour, and The Cherry of a Ride are all on April 26th.

In May The 7 Hills of Kirkland, The Century Ride of the Centuries, and Lewis and Clark Ultra all happen at the same time.

I haven't checked the dates for mid to late summer rides yet, but I do know that STP and Race Across Oregon are on the same weekend.

How's a guy who wants to ride his bike supposed to decide?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....maybe just pick the ones that don't have any blue SUV's registered in the area. ;-)

Raining and a bit blustery today. I'm scheduled to ride tomorrow so hopefully it improves a bit.

UPDATE: 4PM
I'm told that people like this often have a pattern of acting in this manner. If any of you have cycled in the Canby/Champoeg/St Paul area and been hassled in any way by a driver in a dark blue SUV (Dodge Durango, OR SDY 956) please let me know so that I may pass the information along to the attorney. I want this guy off the road and showing this is not a random fluke event will help to do that.

2 comments:

  1. Just lending a word of support, Kevin. I'll be keeping an eye on your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I am grateful for the overwhelming support voiced from the cycling community and especially for the support of those who haven't been on a bike in years.

    What this guy did was criminal, and it's obvious to most everyone that he must not get away with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.