Tuesday, February 3, 2009

another sunny day!

How long can they last? Who knows, but when the sun is out it's time to ride! Today my Salem meeting was canceled so rather than a 100 mile commute I jumped on the opportunity to join my LBS owner, Mike Olson, and a few other folks for a short but fast paced early afternoon ride. 5 of us rode 21 miles, and averaged 21 mph for a little over the first half. I am NOT a fast rider (especially in early February!) so they slowed the pace down a bit when I dropped off the back. We still averaged nearly 18 for the ride, including the last mile or so when we idled back considerably for cool down. They usually ride Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll have to join them more often when my meeting schedule doesn't interfere.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............21...............0.................21
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total........76.....+.........0........=........76
Year to date....577.....+.........30.......=.......602
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kevin,

    We've been getting a bit of riding in here as well (not as much as you have).

    I was putting links on my new blog and realized I hadn't had yours on my bloglines feed. (that's been fixed)

    Are you coming up for the Chilly Hilly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wild Celtic Rose! I'm not sure about riding Chilly Hilly yet. I've done it the last two years and it always seems to end up near the bottom of the rides I want to repeat. Just too many people of "questionable biking skills". With the number of people on the route and the short distance that makes it very difficult to get out in front of the crowd it's just not as fun as it should be.

    I volunteered to be a ride ref for the event this year but had my offer declined because of the distance I live from your area. If I'd been accepted as a ride ref I would have made the trip. But since I didn't make the cut for ride ref ( and nobody from out this way wanted to ride along) it's beginning to look like a long way to go for a 37 mile ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be my first one so I may decide that as well, or I'll decide to volunteer in the future rather than pay to ride and be frustrated (favorite rides so far, RAPSody and the Seattle Century)

    I'm going to be a medical rider for the STP. Leo & I are going to try to tag team folks; he says he'll knock em down and I can patch em up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leo gets in enough trouble all on his lonesome, now that you have signed on as his partner in crime the rest of us are in trouble! ;-)

    Beware The Mayor of Kitsap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.