Monday, July 31, 2017

Puttering around

The ride yesterday felt so good that I decided to go for another today.  About noon I pedaled out, ostensibly for a lunch run, but with plans and supplies to stay out longer.

I stopped within a half mile of starting when I saw a line of wild blackberries that was just black with ripe berries.  I was too busy stuffing my face to take pictures!

I continued on for a lunch stop, then pedaled over to Memorial Park.  I just puttered around, reading about an old barn and making my skinny tired fixie pretend it was a mountain bike.



It is a lost opportunity that Wilsonville is on the banks of the Willamette River, and even has a sizable park on the waterfront, but really has no public access.  Rather than accessible trails, or perhaps even a dock and boat landing, the river edge can only be accessed by bushwhacking through thick undergrowth.  Once I got to the river and enjoyed the cool air and rested awhile.  It was 94 degrees, but was at least 5-10 degrees cooler on the shady bank.


By the time I got finished puttering around, it was dinner time, and I had logged 24 miles.


.........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ........24.................0.................0...............0...........24
Jan.........304................15................0...............31..........350
Feb..........0..................0..................0...............0..............0
March.......18.................0.................0...............0............18
April.......113................0.................0...............0...........113
May.........155................0.................0...............0...........155
June..........10.................0.................0................0.............10
July..........79..................0.................0................0.............79
Total.......701...............15.................0...............31...........757

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.