Friday, July 28, 2017

Not quite Biblical proportions

I doubled my bike mileage for the month!

Big deal. :-(

There has been no rain in Portland for 43 days and 43 nights.
It is a long dry spell, but not even in the top ten for Portland.  The record is 71 days, set in 1967.
It has been at or near 90 degrees for days, and by Wednesday it is predicted to be 102-107.

I'm hoping to put together a 4 man team and return to Race Across Oregon next July.

In the meantime I ran a few errands by bike today.  I got 7 miles in.
I was on the fixed gear, a bike that is notoriously tough on knees.  I could still feel a bit of  discomfort from my knee issue from 6 weeks ago.  Not from pedaling nearly so much as trying to slow down.  On a fixed gear that is done by putting back pressure on the pedals.  I might have to ride one of my geared bikes for a bit until the knee gets back to 100%. (as an OLD man on a bike, that may be asking a lot!)

.........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ........7.................0.................0...............0............7
Jan.........304................15................0...............31..........350
Feb..........0..................0..................0...............0..............0
March.......18.................0.................0...............0............18
April.......113................0.................0...............0...........113
May.........155................0.................0...............0...........155
June..........10.................0.................0................0.............10
July..........12..................0.................0................0.............12
Total.......644...............15.................0...............31...........690

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.