Thursday, July 7, 2016

God loves TNR

After several weeks of warm and dry weather, today changed a bit.  Clouds built in the morning and by middle of the afternoon it was raining lightly.  None of that matters to the Thursday Night Ride, we were going to ride regardless!  I put on rain gear, loaded my bike and drove to Sellwood in search of bonus miles.  I unloaded and started pedaling.  It wasn't raining hard and was near 70 degrees.  I got to Boring and turned around and started pedaling back.

I arrived at Salmon Street Springs to find about 150 people waiting to join the fun.  While down a bit from recent TNRs, it was still a respectable number of people on bikes given the weather....  except the weather broke just before we pedaled out.  There wasn't a drop of rain for the entire ride!  Our ride leader said God must love us.  No doubt, and God must love TNR! Nathan changed the route up a bit tonight, it was nice to have a change!

I didn't bring my camera (or phone) because of the anticipated rain, but Joe got one of me. I'm the guy on a fendered rain bike wearing rain gear and a helmet. I'm not the guy on a tall bike!  ;-)

Joe "Wheels"  photo

As the ride wrapped up, the group was going to build a fire and party a bit. I rode on.    Wouldn't you know it, it started raining again!  It rained on me the entire way back to my vehicle at Sellwood, and continued to rain as I drove the nearly half hour back to Wilsonville.

At least it was warm, and fun!



.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today .........53................0..................0.......................0............53
Jan...............0................0...................0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......277................0..................0........................0..........277
April......559................0..................0........................0..........559
May.........414...............0..................0.......................0...........414
June........337...............0..................0.......................0...........337
July........192...............0..................0.......................0...........192
YTD...... 1900.............0...................0.......................0..........1900

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.