Friday, July 1, 2016

Another computer house call

I rode out to my mom's place again today to do some computer house cleaning.
When I last rode out there, there was a section through Beaverton that I knew had to have a better option. Mom has moved recently and I knew that a nice route around the south end of Beaverton existed.  Today I used ridewithgps.com to look for an improved passage.

I avoided the busy city streets and pretty much stayed on paths and virtually empty residential streets.  As I rode past Century High School, the bike lane was covered by 3 drivers too lazy to walk an extra 50 ft, who parked right on the bike path, and right next to a "no parking any time" sign.


I did my civic duty and called the Washington County Sheriff's non emergency dispatch and filed a complaint.

The only other issue I had was as I neared Hillsboro I needed to take a left turn across Brookwood, a busy street.  There was a steady stream of vehicles coming from both directions.  Rather than wait for them to clear, I pedaled onward to Cornell and took my left turn with a signal.  (see the "flag" on the map)


I spent a couple of hours changing a few settings, copying photos to alternative storage, downloading some new security apps, and de-cluttering facebook.

Then I pedaled back.  On the way back I managed to ride my course.  Right turns are always easier. :-)
The new sections of trail (to me) were nice.


And the residential streets were an improvement over busy city throughfares.


Another nice 50+ mile day!

.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today .........54................0..................0.......................0............54
Jan...............0................0...............,...0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......277................0..................0........................0..........277
April......559................0..................0........................0..........559
May.........414...............0..................0.......................0...........414
June........337...............0..................0.......................0...........337
July.........54...............0..................0.......................0............54
YTD...... 1762.............0...................0.......................0..........1762

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.