Saturday, July 2, 2016

Fun!

It was going to be another gorgeous day.  Remembering the grey, wet, blustery days of Winter, I decided I should be on my bike today!

I decided to start from Willamette (to avoid the hill between home and there!) and ride the 40 Mile Loop. I took the fixed gear bike, for the fun factor!

I parked in Willamette Park and began pedaling toward historic Oregon City. After passing through Oregon City I accessed the Clackamas River Trail.


The path wound it's way along the Clackamas River.  The shade was welcome on this warm day.


The river is mostly blocked from view, but I did manage to get a look at it.


In short order I reached the end of the trail at an abandoned highway bridge, now repurposed  as a pedestrian and bicycle crossing. I was early enough in the day that the rocks were unoccupied.


I had been here 4 years ago, that time with a pretty lass. Today I was alone again, naturally.

I pedaled along a few streets until I could get on the southern terminus of the I-205 bike path.


I had forgotten how segmented the section of the I-205 path is south of the Springwater Corridor.  There are many orphaned segments, with riding on roads required to connect them.  Riding a road bike on a road?  The horror!  ;-)

Once I connected with the Springwater Corridor, I turned left and headed toward the Willamette River.  I prefer to ride the 40 Mile Loop clockwise.  There are some areas on Going Street near Swan Island that are just safer in that direction.

I continued on the 40 Mile Loop and despite a nearly cloudless day, there managed to be a few clouds over Mt Hood when I got to the I-205 path.


I continued south on the I-205 path, passing through the city within a city, Maywood Park.

Click on the photo to get a readable sized version
I came across a good example of why a cable lock is pretty much worthless.


I made slow but sure progress with my southbound riding.  Eventually the clouds over the Cascade Mountains, and Mt Hood, had cleared.  I was stopped at a red light and managed to get a quick photo, but could not get a good position to get that pesky sign out of the way.


I was soon back on the segmented southern portion of the I-205 path, being aided by a brisk tailwind!


In no time at all, I was back in Willamette, finishing up a 65 mile day, and a 380 mile week.


Fun, fun, fun!

.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today .........65................0..................0.......................0............65
Jan...............0................0...................0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......277................0..................0........................0..........277
April......559................0..................0........................0..........559
May.........414...............0..................0.......................0...........414
June........337...............0..................0.......................0...........337
July........119...............0..................0.......................0...........119
YTD...... 1827.............0...................0.......................0..........1827

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.